It seems like forever since I posted my thoughts here – perhaps an unfortunate side effect of all the great things happening in our business that have been consuming my time…
The features most important to us are:
- The application directory is easy to find and applications are easier to locate within it.
- The application’s About Page will now have the look and feel of a Public Profile page. This will improve the experience and familiarity our customers have with Public Profiles in general across all applications. Given that we run within Public Profiles, this is a big win for us i.e. free training.
- Each application’s profile will support a Stream. This allows us to conveniently communicate with the users of our application from one central location.
- The application directory will show each user applications their friends use. This will likely increase the viral spread of our application.
- Applications “verified” by Facebook will have greater promenence in the directory. Given that we intend to have our app verified this will be a great thing for us.
These changes show Facebook’s commitment to applications and their desire to make their customers’ experience of locating and installing applications more professional.
I like it.